Alaia Belize is hiring - HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
This position requires an experienced HR professional, able to function effectively in accordance with the Labour laws and regulations of Belize and within Alaia’s personnel policies and procedures, with minimum direction.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Composing and posting employment advertisements to various internal and external media; and using social media networking sites to identify and source candidates.
• Overseeing recruitment for open positions, screening applications, shortlisting and interviewing applicants, assisting in reference checks, arranging background check, setting up personnel files, and orientation of new employees.
• Drafting offer of employment agreements for new hires.
• Provide support and guidance to management through the interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with applicable legislation and regulations.
• Provide coaching, counseling, guidance and resources with respect to employee relations; investigate complaints, including making recommendations for resolution and report writing, and handle a variety of Human Resources administrative responsibilities.
• Participate in disciplinary and termination meetings.
• Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
• Develop and conduct internal staff training.
• Maintain personnel files in an organized manner.
• Revises and updates job descriptions in accordance with company practices and changes in laws and regulations.
• Maintaining the employee handbook and organizational staffing chart.
• Lead employee recognition program.
• Coordinate and ensure completion of employee exit interviews, report outcome of exit interview information to management and track / maintain data.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years year’s previous work experience as an HR Generalist or HR Manager.
• General knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with peers and employees; ability to present information and make recommendations effectively in oral or written form.
• Highly resourceful team player with the ability to be extremely effective independently. Strong organizational skills and proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to adapt quickly to other applicable software applications.
• A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his/her own expense.
• Proficient in English, having excellent research, written, problem solving and communication skills, and have the ability to deliver results within established deadlines.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by delivering your resume and cover letter to the Banyan Bay Hotel Security Booth in a sealed envelope, together with a copy of photo ID. Your resume must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position. You will be required to provide a copy of any diplomas or certificates relevant to the position you are applying for. Please provide two (2) references from past employers and a police record check. Applications will be accepted until January 27, 2021.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.